Saturday, February 28, 2009

Learn Something New

It's always good to do that. I've just learned that shipping to Puerto Rico is considered domestic so, from here on out, any contest that I indicate is for US residents only, Puerto Rico is included. I just sent Ralfast the books he won for a whopping $3.63. How awesome is that??? Definitely wasn't expecting that.

I also learned, and this doesn't have anything to do with books, really, that I'm actually starting to like cooking, especially since I don't have much of a choice but to cook most of my food myself. The option not to like it isn't really there, is it? I have a gluten sensitivity (I don't want to say allergy since it might not be that) so I must scour labels to make sure anything I'm eating is gluten and malodextrin free. So that means I've been cooking and baking. A lot. Compared to pretty much never. And I've got bought Gluten-Free Cooking for Dummies yesterday with some awesome recipes in it. I can't wait to get to those.

And just to those that might be wondering, gluten-free bread isn't all that bad. I've made most of it myself and the mixes I bought were pretty good. I was expecting the thing to taste like a brick so I guess when your expectations are that low, it doesn't take much to exceed them!

Just a little filler post for you. I think yesterday was the first day I didn't post since I started the blog. And just to let you all know, I don't intend to keep up the crazy posting schedule. For one, I don't read that fast. I'm still transferring reviews so I have a backlog and two, I just can't keep up! I consider normal posting every other day. Not too much but just enough to stay on top of things so look for the blog to settle into that routine within the next month.

I do have another review to post and I'll put that up a little later, split this post and that one out a little bit. Bye for now, all you biters!

2 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

For awhile, my doctor thought I had a Gluten sensitivity so I ate for gluten free for a couple of months. It was really hard to find things to eat, that's for sure. Well, come to find out, I'm not. But I still try to eat as little gluten as possible.

Donna (Bites) said...

I don't find it hard so much as it is expensive. I made a gluten free clam chowder last night and I thought my hand was going to fall off from cutting everything up. It's definitely a lifestyle change.

This is the first thing in about 8 years that has kept the pain away without taking anything so I'm going to stick with it for a while!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.