Saturday, April 11, 2009

80s Awesomeness! ~ 6

The ultimate in yuppie swag--

MEMBERS ONLY JACKETS!!!

Only the coolest people wore these ulta-awesome jackets, usually with the sleeves pushed up and complimented with Aviators. I can tell you it was a pain in the ass trying to find an authentic 80s jacket because the brand's come back into style (coughiownonecough). Why are they called Member's Only? I'm convinced because they were so expensive to buy that if you could afford one, you were automatically in an elite club of yuppieness. Even today you'll be hard pressed to pay below $1,000 for a Member's Only jacket retail. I got mine for $10 on this deep discount outlet site. Never shopping there again though.


5 comments:

Alea said...

LOL my friend has one of these!

Marie said...

It's like a special elite club that I'm not a member of..

Anonymous said...

My dad had about a dozen of them, with the Aviators go with them! Oh and the Magnum stache and fro! But he drove a Honda so....

Donna (Bites) said...

I'm a member of the wannabe club! No way in hell I'm paying $1500 for a gold lame Members Only jacket.

Alea said...

He must have gotten his at a thrift store or something cause there is no way he would either!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.