Saturday, September 5, 2009

80s Awesomeness! ~ 27

MADONNA!


You really can't talk about 80s music without talking about Madonna. I mean, that's when she gyrated onto the scene! One can hardly forget her MTV Music Awards performance and her baring her ass in a wedding dress. Then there's all her music about sex and abortions and sex and men and sex. Shock! This big-haired, bangled out Madonna is one of the epitomes of the 80s. She spawned legions of girls to dress just like and I'm sure have sex just like her. I mean, there was that book.

But, personally, I think this was when her music was the best. The 90s wasn't all that great and she's slipped into the real dance scene now that's somewhat reminiscent of her original stuff but it's still a far departure from it.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I did love her music back in those days. And I knew the words too but the thought of me singing is just horrifying. It's been ages but damn I could still sing along for the most part.

Sonja said...

I loved her Like A Prayer music video (got to watch it in college!).

Donna (Bites) said...

I remember my parents asking me who my idol was when I was about 5 and I remember saying Madonna. It scared them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.