Saturday, October 31, 2009

80s Awesomeness! ~ 35


You know, I don't know what's freakier: the face on the chick it the bed or the skeleton thing over her. That's one asexual female right there.

A Nightmare on Elm Street spawned a franchise that just wouldn't die. And apparently it's not going to die all over again because they've started to re-make them . . . O_o Why can't the good stuff be left alone?

But how scary was, and is, this movie? You can't go to sleep because you'll die but if you stay awake long enough you'll die. And in this movie, dying of sleep deprivation is much more appealing than getting sucked into Freddy Kruger's world. Wes Craven tapped into an inescapable fear and banked on it. Smart guy! But he gave us an awesome movie in the process; one that's truly creepy, terrifying and filled with big 80s hair . . . and a young Johnny Depp. Who could forget him?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched this a few years ago and should really watch it again. The narrator and the 80s vibe in the trailer makes me laugh.

Zia said...

I loved this movie! Scared the dickens out of me when I was little.

Donna (Bites) said...

I love that guy's voice! He's the voice of horror movies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.