Saturday, March 20, 2010

80s Awesomeness! ~ 55


Nothing says California teens like pot and surfing. Plus this movie had some big name actors before they were anything big; like Sean Penn as Spicoli. He who now reaches for Oscars played a pre-Bill and Ted Bill/Ted but really doped up. And who could forget the swimming pool scene with Phoebe Cates? Surely not any teen guy ever since that movie came out.

(for some reason I can't hear any sound on any YouTube Videos, hopefully it's not permanent)

4 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I still love this movie! I had to laugh when I told a student that this was "our time" he was wasting and I jokingly threatened to go to his house. Luckily he'd seen the movie and got the joke!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

This movie always cracks me up. Its like pop culture before we knew what pop culture was! :)

Marty Shaw said...

I definitely remember the scene with Phoebe Cates :oP

I wonder how many people were surprised to see Spicoli turn into an Oscar contender. I would have never imagined it.

By the way, you've been chosen for a blog award. Details can be found here: http://darkwyrmreads.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-first-blog-award-o.html

Donna (Bites) said...

Believe it or not, I still haven't seen this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.