Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Book Wars (23)

The Water Mirror took the final plunge in the last battle. We're sticking with the mermaids until the list runs out. FIGHT!


Sapphire's father mysteriously vanishes into the waves off the Cornwall coast where her family has always lived. She misses him terribly, and she longs to hear his spellbinding tales about the Mer, who live in the underwater kingdom of Ingo. Perhaps that is why she imagines herself being pulled like a magnet toward the sea. But when her brother, Conor, starts disappearing for hours on end, Sapphy starts to believe she might not be the only one who hears the call of the ocean. (librarything.com)

vs.


For as long as she can remember, twelve-year-old Emily Windsnap has lived on a boat. And, oddly enough, for just as long, her mother has seemed anxious to keep Emily away from the water. But when Mom finally agrees to let her take swimming lessons, Emily makes a startling discovery — about her own identity, the mysterious father she’s never met, and the thrilling possibilities and perils shimmering deep below the water’s surface. (librarything.com)

6 comments:

The Lovely Reader said...

My vote has to go to INGO, the other seems cliche.

BookMarc Blogpants said...

I have actually read Ingo, to my 8 year old daughter, and it was actually quite good so I will choose that.

d said...

I've actually read both. While the Emily Windsnap series quickly deteriorated, the first one was better than Ingo.

Unknown said...

I have an award for you here.

CeeCee said...

Indigo- I think it is just a bit better more attractive.
Seahn

Michele(: said...

I've read both and Indigo has to be my favorite(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.