Sunday, July 11, 2010

Added to the Pile + 43

Just one book this week. My head might explode if it were any more. I won a contest over at Bewitched Bookworms and I got The Second Cycle by Alan Richards. Thanks, guys!


What is life's most important truth?

That question is the subject of
The Second Cycle, a thoroughly entertaining yet thought-provoking story that examines the disconnect between belief and truth.

Kira Blakely receives a letter about a problem with her scholarship. The letter leads to the discovery of a shocking truth about her past. Julia Edwards goes abroad to school to learn more about her Christian religion. She returns home, having lost her faith in God. Daniel Aiello makes a miraculous recovery after doctors pronounce him dead. Now, every year on the anniversary of his healing, God speaks to him and reveals truths that contradict teachings of all existing religions. Peter Grayson is involved in a medical research project that seeks to solve the mystery of human memory. What he uncovers challenges the idea that death brings an end to life.

These characters are connected by their need to find new truths about beliefs that were destroyed. Their research will bring them closer to the discovery of life's most important truth.
(book back blurb)

4 comments:

The Readings of a Busy Mom said...

that book sounds great cant wait to read your views on it

My Blog

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Congrats on winning! Here is my IMM! Plus, I have a new meme that I'm trying to start: When I'm Not Reading. Hope you can check it out. Enjoy your reads this week!

The Unread Reader

brandileigh2003 said...

Great week! You have some sweet reading in your future! Here is what I got.

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

Wow! This sounds like a REALLY intriguing and thought-provoking read. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this one. Happy reading!

Here's my post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.