Friday, July 2, 2010

Freaky Friday :|: 70


Title: The Hunter, The Forbidden Game #1
Author: LJ Smith
Published: March 1994
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Pages: 240
Summary:
The first installment of the Forbidden Game horror trilogy pits a clique of California teenagers against the villainous Julian, an ancient, ruthless spirit disguised as a drop-dead gorgeous guy. Searching for sophisticated party entertainment, Jenny buys a strangely compelling game from Julian, salesman at a spooky new store. Soon after they begin playing, Jenny and her guests are transported to Julian's enchanted mansion, where each must face his or her worst nightmare. Julian's malicious magic is motivated by his longstanding crush on Jenny. Torn between her beloved mortal boyfriend and her fiendishly attractive suitor, Jenny and her vacillations kindle a sort of teasing tension. Hints of dangerous and forbidden romance abound, providing plenty of shivers for those who can swallow the fairly hokey premise. (from bn.com)
Okay, this is very Labyrinth-ish. And it sounds really good. I think I'm going to have to give this one a try, like soon.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I can't remember if I read this one years ago or not....I found an old beat up copy though and it's on my shelf now :)

Bookish in a Box said...

I just read this last weekend! It's not my favorite series of Smith's (that would be the Dark Visions trilogy), but it made for a fun day of reading.

Jana said...

Never heard of this one. I still am thinking about re-reading The Secret Circle series. That one I loved.

Donna (Bites) said...

I just bought this one last night. I'm anxious to read it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.