Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Armchair BEA and Networking It Up!

It's all about the interviews today! I got the pleasure of interviewing Aryelle over at Reading with the Fishes. She's a pretty new blogger but she had some great answers to my questions so be sure to read on! Thanks for stopping by, Aryelle!


So you're pretty new to blogging. What made you make the jump from plain reader to fantastic book blogger?


Although I am pretty new at book blogging, I had been following the blogosphere for about a year before I actually started up my own blog. I've always loved books, and I read probably more than the librarians in my town, so I figured why not give the whole 'blogging' thing a try. Besides, when I would finish a book, I would always tell everyone what I thought about it, and I just wanted to maybe send that message out to a few more people than I would have otherwise.


Were you at all nervous or apprehensive about starting up your blog?

Definitely! I actually had thought about blogging a few times before, but I always let some fear stop me. When my blog first went up, all I could think about was, "Are people even going to read it?" or "Should I tweak this gadget or add that one?" After awhile though, I have learned to relax and not worry about it so much.

If you could give one piece of advise to an aspiring book blogger now, what would it be?

Don't think about it too much, and just do what you want. There are always going to be people who don't like you or what you are doing, but there will always be MORE that do, so don't let that stop you.


Where do you hope to see your blog in six months? In a year?

Appearance wise, I hope it to be a little more professional looking, maybe even an actual background. Other than that though, it really doesn't matter if I get any more followers, because I love what I am doing now and wouldn't really want anything to change.


What is your genre of choice and why?

I'm actually kind of all over the place. I read almost anything, but I tend to prefer paranormal or dystopian Young Adult. I feel that Young Adult books are the most uplifting and have the greatest overall messages. Plus, I can relate to most of the characters since I am a teenager myself.


A fascist regime has totally taken over and they're going house to house and confiscating books! You can only save one from your collection. Which one is it?

I hate this question because I think of all my books like my children, so it's pretty much asking me which child would I save? Lol. I would have to say that I would keep my signed copy of Delirium by Lauren Oliver, which is an amazing book, by the way!!


Book boyfriend. Do you have one?

ONE? I have like twenty, but if I had to choose one, I would have to say it would be Peeta from The Hunger Games.


When you're not reading, you're . . .

Watching TV, probably. Or sleeping, or at school, or at Borders trying to figure out what I'm going to read next. My life really isn't all that interesting when I think about it.


Cats or dogs?

I have and love both, but I prefer kitties.


Surf or turf?

Lol. Both, in that order. :)


If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go?

Anywhere, huh? Well, I guess I would either go to Thailand or Greece. I have a weird fascination with both of those places and would love to actually see them in person.

Thanks again, Aryelle! And be sure to check out my interview over at Lisa's World of Books! Then head on over to the ABEA website and read the rest of the interviews!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.