Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Not In My School (5)


Not In My School is a weekly meme hosted by yours truly that throws out one YA lit cliche a week for you to compare to your own high school days, current or past. For more information go here.

What's on this week's agenda?

Boys with super long lashes.


I can't count how many times a boy's eyelashes are mentioned in your standard YA novel.  And they're always long and luscious and at times make the chick jealous that she needs to supplement with volumizing mascara.  Usually a guy's eyelashes were pretty low on my list of noticeable things.  And if you happened to mention to a guy that he had lovely eyelashes you'd probably get some weird looks in return.  But now it appears all boys go the way of the Bieber and Efron and actually WANT enviable lashes, with or without curling.  So maybe I'm out of date.  Or maybe I'm just not a fan of the Bieber.

What about you?  What was it like in your school?  Leave your link in the comments!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.