Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Not In My School (9)


Not In My School is a weekly feature that throws out one YA lit cliche a week to compare to my own high school days.  Because we all know how accurate those fictional nuances are . . .


Funky eye color

At the rate I'm reading in YA books there are a hell of a lot of people being born with violet (or other variations on purple), golden, unnatural blue or green or ghost-gray eyes.  I'm wondering if it's something in the food.  Hormones in the chicken maybe?  Or are people starting to reproduce with the more radioactive members of society?  Maybe it's just a bypassed Litmus Test thing or something.  I don't know.  But most of the people in my school?  Brown, green, blue or hazel.  You know, standard colors.  So where are these characters coming from?  And I'm not even talking about fantasy!  Or anything otherwise supernatural!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.