Sunday, September 9, 2012

Added to the Pile + 121

I've acquired a few books in the last couple of weeks that thankfully didn't get sucked into my moving void.  My move has put me in very close proximity to a pretty wicked independent bookstore that, HOORAY!, has book events and whatnot, the first of which I'll be attending on the 18th for Fierce Reads so I plan on acquiring even more books that I don't really need but WANT SO BAD.  Kind of.

First I bought a couple -


DEJA DEAD by Kathy Reichs
IRON'S PROPHECY by Julie Kagawa

Kathy Reichs actually did a signing at another local bookstore (that I didn't go to but hooray for yet ANOTHER active local indie, thanks AZ) and I've been wanting to read her books for a while.  I'm a big fan of Bones so why not give her books a try, right?  As for IRON'S PROPHECY I'll pretty much read anything Julie Kagawa right now.  Plus the download was .79.  I'll take it.

As part of a going away gift -


STAR ISLAND by Carl Hiaasen

Not something I'd actively choose for myself but it sounds like I might be interested in it so I'll give it a try.

From Pyr -


A GUILE OF DRAGONS by James Enge

I think I toggled back and forth about whether to ask for this one for review.  Lo and behold I received it anyway and it sounds good so yes, I shall partake.

And finally from the author via Penguin -


BLOOD FEVER by Mari Mancusi

Another author that I'll read pretty much anything they put out.  Not to mention I really like this series.  Satire is so underrated in YA.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.