Tuesday, October 2, 2012

August and September TBR Pile Update

Moving cross-country has a tendency of rattling things up a bit.  My one month of being an Arizona resident comes up on Thursday and I'm still trying to settle into some kind of routine.  The prospect that we're moving again soon doesn't help things any but I'm trying.  At least I have something down.  Let's take another step toward settling, shall we?

The pile at the beginning of the year -


And ye olde digital list -

DREAMING ANASTASIA by Joy Preble (free copy from BN)
THE BUTTERFLY CLUES by Kate Ellison
DROWNING INSTINCT by Ilsa J. Bick
MESMERIZE by Artist Arthur
ESCAPING TITANIC by Marybeth Lorbiecki
TITANIC by Philip Wilkinson
TIME VOYAGE by Steve Brezenoff
THE LIBERATION OF MAX MCTRUE by Kim Culbertson (from the author)

By the time I moved I was trekking about 197 books 2,600 miles.  To get technical Soldier Boy was driving the truck and since I spent a fair portion of the unloading with my head in the toilet he was the one that actually brought the boxes in.  But, you know, technicalities.  So where am I now?  At 195.  It's starting to feel like a slow crawl.  Yes, I'm dropping but it feels like water weight at this point that keeps collecting around my lower belly and JUST WON'T GO AWAY.

What my pile looks like now in it's new location -


At least now I don't run the risk of slamming my head into the rather hard beam of a pitched ceiling.  That hurt a bit.

And my most recent digital pile (from NetGalley unless otherwise stated) -

THE POISON DIARIES by Maryrose Wood (Epic Reads deal)
ASHEN WINTER by Mike Mullin 
TWO AND TWENTY DARK TALES edited by Georgia McBride and Michelle Zink
MORE by TM Franklin
THE LOST PRINCE by Julie Kagawa
CLEOPATRA ASCENDING by Maureen Lipinski
MIDWINTERBLOOD by Marcus Sedgwick
IRON'S PROPHECY by Julie Kagawa (a .79 steal from Harlequin)

I'm down to a little baby digital list now but now I have a job where I actually don't have time to read at my desk for hours on end so don't expect me to crank through these like I've been.  I'm back to reading like a normal person now.  Chagrin.  That number whittling down is going to go even slow.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.