Monday, October 1, 2012

I'm Pretty Sure I'm Not Being Boycotted by the Internets

svilen001
You may or may not have noticed that, if you click on my stat counter at the bottom of my site, you'll see some rather screwy numbers.  Namely none at all.  My counter was working fine until a few days ago when my stats started to drop rather significantly.  I've seen drops like that before a couple of times so it didn't really dishearten me although I did get a bit of a frownie face.

Then the counter just stopped logging altogether and it looked like literally no one was coming to my site.  I checked a further few days back and noticed that all of my stats were wiped out back to last Monday, looking like no one's been to my site in a week and they're still not coming.  Apparently not even bots like Bites anymore.

Except I know I don't suck that hard that I went from 250 unique views a day to zero in a span of 48 hours.  I didn't post anything THAT offensive.  At least I think.  So I'm looking into it.  I have a ticket into the stat counter people so we'll see what happens.  Sometime last week the server was unavailable and my stats started dropping off just after it came back up so methinks there's a correlation.

Just to let the publishers, authors and my readers know that I do still have a readership according to my Blogger stats.  At least I have those to fall back on.  Sort of.  It's something showing people are visiting my site.  I'll take it.  Hopefully this gets fixed quickly because seeing big fat zeroes for daily page views is a total downer even though I know it's not true.  Help me feed my ego, Stat Counter!  Please!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using MK Design's TeaTime kit.